But I Can't!

Who am I to teach these women? I have no wisdom to share and I’m no teacher!’ I close the study book.
‘God, are you sure you want me to do this? I know there are others with wisdom and experience who could serve you better. I don’t know how to do this. I’m afraid I’ll ruin it!’ Tears gather in my eyes.

Then I remember Exodus 4.

“But Moses pleaded…, “O Lord, I’m just not a good speaker.
I never have been…” “Who makes mouths?” the Lord asked him.
“…Is it not I, the Lord? Now go and do as I have told you.
I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say.”

With this verse in my heart, I forge ahead. Forget fear, ignore inadequacy. Trust.
As I return book to shelf, I’m filled with praise. I get to be part of God’s plan! He chose to use me! Tears gather again. I’m thankful and humbled by the grace and love of my Perfect Father.

…How about you? What’s God asking you to do?


Helpful Verses:
“For it is God who works in you, giving you the desire to obey Him,
and the power to do what pleases Him”
Philippians 2:13

“For I can do everything with the help of Christ
who gives me the strength I need.”
Philippians 4:13



** note - this devotional is also featured in the inaugural (April) edition of CFC's newsletter (which is to date untitled ..)

.

No comments: