It Pays to Work For Free

Surrounded by suits and perfectly coiffed heads of hair, the speaker beamed. “If you want to get rich, work for free!” He belted out, smirking. He must have known he sounded insane. ‘I work because I NEED money’. I argued in silence, ‘How can I afford to work for free?!’  He explained that, in order to build a business that will have lasting (passive) income production, we need to invest ourselves. We invest now, the entity we’re building pays out later. “That’s how wealth building works.”

 

It’s interesting that even pursuit of wealth works on God’s principles. Like gravity, we’re all subject to His order of things whether we agree with them or not.

Hmm…  where have I worked for free? ...Writing. Real Estate. Business building. Helping others. Parenting. Ooh...parenting - talk about investing in the future!



“And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters
or father or mother or children or property, for my sake,
will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life.”

Give, and you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full —pressed down,
shaken together to make room for more, running over, and poured into your lap.
The amount you give will determine the amount you get back. ”


What an awesome promise!! A guarantee from heaven that my efforts, when made for Jesus, are not fruitless. -Ever. Invest now, huge payout comes later.

I’m building heavenly rewards when I write, help others, or invest myself in my children for His glory. That kind of wealth building will never depreciate, require maintenance, or disappear due to market instability. And, as a bonus, I never have to pay taxes on it. Heh heh…


“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.
Matthew 6:19-21

 Lord, please help me hide these scriptures in my heart. Help me to be thankful and excited to do anything you ask. You know I want the boldness that comes from you - to approach you and serve you boldly without any fear of what others think or what it costs. Thank you Lord, that you are just and that you are the giver of lasting rewards. Help me pour all I am into your Kingdom - the only eternal investment. Amen.

Happy investing!


.

4 comments:

MTJ said...

Hi Kim,

"I’m building heavenly rewards when I write, help others, or invest myself in my children for His glory. That kind of wealth building will never depreciate, require maintenance, or disappear due to market instability."

Thanks for sharing a timeless truth.

Blessing and peace.

MTJ

Covnitkepr1 said...

Good spiritual blog.

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower also if you care to.

From The Heart Online said...

Blessings and peace to you also, MTJ :) (I love that sign-off. ... Gotta get me one of those) :)

Welcome covnitkepr1 - thanks for reading and following! I've left a message for you on your blog as well :)

Unknown said...

It is such a blessing when my thoughts are focused on a particular subject and then I read a blog post from you encouraging me in that area! Thank you!