What Can We Bring to the Lord?    


         
 I want it
       desperately 



... to hear those words from my Father, "Well done, good and faithful servant". 


Forgetting, 
always forgetting,
I look to deeds and action to please Him. 
What I can do...





What can we bring to the Lord?
      What kind of offerings should we give him?
   Should we bow before God
      with offerings of yearling calves?
  Should we offer him thousands of rams
      and ten thousand rivers of olive oil?
   Should we sacrifice our firstborn children
      to pay for our sins?

No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good,
      and this is what he requires of you:
   to do what is right, to love mercy,
      and to walk humbly with your God.

Micah 6:6-8

Mercy.
Walk humbly.

Dirt is gently cleared to reveal the infection
of judgment. 

...mercy as He is merciful.
Forgive as He forgives me. 
(speed my forgiveness!!)



He is Healer
and can change this heart
and heal the wounds 
judgment has inflicted.

Time to remove the labels I've doomed other people to wear.

To yield
to just walk
in mercy.




.

4 comments:

The Unknowngnome said...

This is a joy to read Kim. I'm glad you quoted Micah 6:6-8.

I will add:
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and love your neighbor as yourself.

Remember He knows the heart of those who love Him and before any deed is done it begins in thought. He knows your intent faithful servant.

From The Heart Online said...

You're so right - to love God and love others is the basis for all else.

"before any deed is done it begins in thought" - powerful concept, and equally true.

The Unknowngnome said...

Hi Kim, I had to come back and comment again because I woke up at 2:30 this morning with your question on my mind. ("I look to deeds and action to please Him. What I can do")

I awoke realizing that I go through the same question as you when I am trying to write. My "deed" being; what am I to write Lord? What is it you would have me say? It is then that I should be still and know that He is God but often times I do not.

Sometimes a mighty wind just ushers in a complete writing, other times but a mustard seed and the times when the Spirit is not reflected is when I have interceded and not yielded.

The Lord does understand our intent though ("before any deed is done it begins in thought") and it is a powerful concept especially knowing that it is the Lord Himself that made us aware of it:

Mt 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

I too need to yield. I too want it desperately...to hear those words from our Father, "Well done, good and faithful servant".

From The Heart Online said...

Thanks for coming back here and sharing that :))

I JUST finished writing the next post (on further yielding) then saw your comment. Interesting timing...

I just love that God allows us to journey with others - that we're never alone, and can spur each other on to victory.