Cosby - Too True

Remember the Cosby Show from the 80s and early 90s? Even in his comedy act, he did this bit about telling his kids to go have a shower.  ... it wasn't just 'go have a shower' It was... 

'Go upstairs to the bathroom, turn the water on. 
Get undressed, step into the shower and stand under the water. 
Wash your whole body with soap. Rinse. Turn the water off ....' etc. 

At the time, I think I just concluded that he thought his children were particularly brainless. But, now a parent, I completely understand. 

This morning my son got his shoes on (good), but was barefoot in them (eew). 

"Oops. We don't wear shoes with bare feet" I said. "Please either put your sandals on, or put socks on." 
... seemed straight-forward to me...

Moments later, he walked into the room like this:


Thanks, son, for putting on your sock.  Good job. 

2 comments:

Sab said...

Hahaha! Too funny! I remember being told how to instruct a child to do something... that you have to lay out all the steps. Not just 'put the doll away', but 'see the doll? Please go to the doll and pick it up. Now please hold the dolly and walk over to the box. Now put the dolly in to box. Good girl'. Too funny!

From The Heart Online said...

I still giggle every time I look at this picture. Funny boy...