Tour Plans … You Know What Happens to Plans, Right?



It’s a ride … a cool one. I’ve been working on planning a local book tour … you already know that. But it’s sure changed a lot since you and I last talked about it!

First, there’s a team – it’s not just me. I can’t tell you how excited I am about that! My sister (the softener of my edges, interpreter of my half-sentences and general ‘gets-me-like-nobody-else friend extraordinaire), Don Amero (singer/songwriter), and Jessica Ehlers of With a Flourish, our event co-ordinator.  Yay!! A team!!

We imagined a ‘coffee house’ setting (even if in a church basement) – linens, glassware, cheese trays, coffee bar… and I would share some of the awesome stuff God has done in my life. Then there would be a musician and a Gospel For Asia presentation. My biggest hope was to raise $20,000 for GFA, but after doing budgets, that was reduced to$10,000 which would still be a big stretch.

Then, in ways only God can …

The musician that came on board with this mission is Don Amero. (Check him out here). His career is bigger than a local book tour. But… he said yes and is excited to be a part of this because he sees that God is doing something here.

So it’s no longer a book tour. The focus is not one artist or another, but GFA and raising funds.

Then another change…

In a brainstorming meeting, we suddenly realized that it might be wise to make one grand event rather than 10 tiny ones. I don’t know how we didn’t think of that before. With just one event, we would conserve time, energy and money (and, for the musician, would avoid media ‘over-saturation’.)

I think we all breathed easier at the thought. We’ve been working hard (and freaking out) to pull off an event soon. Going at it so fast (though that’s totally my style) could make it a low-quality show. (I really hope that’s not my style) Now, with just one event to plan, we can laser-focus and pull off something really cool. (No, I have no idea what that is yet)

My favorite part of all of this is that I don’t know, and I’m okay with that.

I don’t know what God is doing, but it’ll be good.
I don’t know what I’ll say or do when it finally comes time to stand in front of a bunch of people …

… and say … uh …

Huh. Had an itty-bitty coronary just then…

But


I trust He is preparing me now, and will give me words when it’s time.

I can’t wait to see what He’s going to do here. I love that the whole team is open to change – we’re all waiting to see what God will do. Woo! 




.

4 comments:

Amy Sullivan said...

I love hearing the details of this! Ahhh! Super exciting.

The Unknowngnome said...

Yes, it is exciting. Thanks for sharing with us.

MTJ said...

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the link, the 411 on this is informative. I like how you say, "My favorite part of all of this is that I don’t know, and I’m okay with that." -- I think it's encouraging and supportive when others see that God is doing something here.

I sense the joy that God is doing something that is bigger than any one person. I'm rejoicing over that thought.

Daylight's burning for me so I'm off to work. Have a good weekend my friend.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

From The Heart Online said...

Thanks Amy & Unknowngnome - glad to share the journey!

Thanks for stopping by, MTJ. I appreciate your taking the time.