Small, Disorganized Offering

Paper piles seem to birth new paper piles, and I’m sure my list of lists is buried under one of them. The paper jungle that is my office has oozed onto my kitchen counters. I stuff piles into drawers just so I can see countertop and have phony peace…

Ever feel like you’re juggling at an ever increasing pace and that you’re one ball away from having it all fall apart?  What about feeling like, if you just get organized then you can really start serving God?

It hit me this morning that I need God’s help with everything. -Everything. What on this earth makes me think that I can get it right and then come to God as presentable?! If I just get organized enough, just manage my household properly, just get diligent enough, and just obey enough, then I can REALLY serve powerfully. That load gets heavy fast.

“God help me!! I can’t do it! I can’t even get close!”

It’s becoming clearer to me that it may boil down to legalism, which boils down to lack of faith.  If I believe I can obey enough or be good enough (which, of course, is never worded so obviously in my thoughts), I don’t need Christ. If I believe in myself, I reject Christ. Do I believe God’s Word or not? His word says

“…apart from me you can do nothing. No one can please God except through faith”

”For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God”                                                                                                 Ephesians 2:8

And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer “be grace.                                                                                                             Romans 11:6

“But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”
If I believe His Word, then I need to live like it. For me right now, this means I must dedicate these projects to God, ask for his help, and then receive it. He will give what I need.

For                                                       He Gives Me

plans I must make                               wisdom
writing I need to do                            words and guidance
parenting                                             wisdom, guidance and a gentle heart
leading                                                            peace and humility
managing my household                     clear mind, discernment
my messy office                                  I don’t know yet – I hope peace, clear  mind, ability            
                                                            to prioritize…

“Lord, you are maker of all and you are bigger than my inability. You are abundantly able. I give you my mess, my clutter, my disorganization – thank you for bearing this burden. I pray that you would help me to do these things – give me the strength, wisdom and guidance I need to do these for you glory. In Jesus name.”

2 comments:

vonimoller said...

i had a bit of a cry yesterday during meditation. I always pray during that time. And I said you know God, coz obviously you DO know, I am always trying to do things on my own, I forget I'm going ahead of everyone and sometimes myself too. You're always pulling me back coz I want to run when I should walk you know.
I believe that if you have God, you can believe in yourself. I still doubt myself, but then I hear inside my heart - why do you think that!!
But I believe in people today, more than i EVER have before, we are capable of SO much if we'd just LET GO and tell God ok take me now where i must be...
Seriously Thank you for my poem compliment... I wrote in inspiration of this tricky devil you know LOL!!!
And thank you for the comments, coz you guys and Alisa inspire me so much, I'm just glad that my words can touch you also you know :D

From The Heart Online said...

I know just what you mean. I'm often amazed and humbled when people who have many followers and a busy schedule take time out of their day to read. And then these busy people take the time and thought to comment on how my little writing impacted them. Wow. Praise the Lord that he can use each one of us, however small. We are a team, and it's beautiful and humbling and powerful to consider!